RMA Announces Apple Crop Insurance Listening Sessions
In April 2022, USApple submitted comments to USDA’s Risk Management Agency (RMA) regarding proposed changes to the apple crop insurance program. In June 2022, RMA indicated that they would delay the announcement of a final rule until additional listening sessions were held – the dates and locations of those listening sessions has just been announced.
RMA Apple Crop Insurance Listening Session Dates and Locations
• Wednesday, March 8, 2023 Wenatchee, Washington
• Tuesday, March 14, 2023 Rochester, New York
• Wednesday, March 15, 2023 Highland, New York
• Thursday, March 16, 2023 Goffstown, New Hampshire
• Tuesday, March 28, 2023 Clarksville, Michigan
• Thursday, March 30, 2023 Hendersonville, North Carolina
• Tuesday, April 11, 2023 Virtual Session
USApple encourages industry-wide participation to ensure that your voices are heard and understood before RMA makes any final changes.
Select the following link to review the official RMA announcement.
Director, Industry Analytics